Friday, August 1, 2008

Happy Due Date Day!!!

August 1 has finally arrived and although baby Laurel hasn't I am still having a good time celebrating due date day :-) Will and I went to the doctor's yesterday (39 weeks 6 days) and I was still not dialated at all. We aren't really sure why that is because everything would indicate that her due date is completely right. Our doctor (who I really respect and trust!) recommended that we set an induction date for next week. I am pleased to announce that Laurel's new birthday (unless she surprises us by making a rapid entry into the world) will be Wednesday, August 6! I am so excited to have a date on the calendar and to know we will be going to the hospital in only 5 days. I had been excited about going into labor on my own, but Will and I really think this is the best thing for us to do and I am trusting in God's perfect plans for the delivery day.

Check back later today for my 9 month belly picture!!! I know I have been horrible about getting pictures, but I can at least take one at 40 weeks.

7 comments:

Anne said...

Picture!!!
I am so excited to know that at the very latest I will meet my little niece in only 5 days! I am still going to pray that you go into labor on your own between now and then:)
Love you!

Suzanne said...

Congratulations to making it to 40 weeks!!! Can't wait to see little Laurel in person!

Anonymous said...

Here is a nifty little questionarre that the American Collge of OBGYNs developed to help doctors know which inductions are most likely to go well and which ones are most likely to have problems: http://www.childbirth.org/interactive/induction.html

If you don't know the answers to the questions you can either leave it blank or ask your OBGYN. I found it helpful for deciding whether or not to be induced myself (in my case we decided my body was super primed for induction).

Whatever you choose, I'll be praying for you that it goes smoothly!!!

Anonymous said...

OH MEG!!! It's amazing how every womans body is so different!!! To encourage you are doing so well joyfully waiting upon the Lord for His timing. I struggled greatly with that because all my babies never wanted to come out on their own. It was too cozy in there!!
I think they would have stayed inside if they could have...

At least you have an official date now to look forward to...exciting!!

Love you!!!!!!!

B. Emerson said...

Maytee! I was in such delight to see what was happening with you and am SO glad you have this blog. I am praying for you SO much and just cannot wait to hear and see little Laurel! I love her already too! :) Praying for you often!!

Anonymous said...

Thinking about you and praying for you as you prepare for your big day!!!! I'm so excited for you!

Laura said...

Hey Will and Meg,

Thinking of you guys tonight and can't wait to see Laurel. Will be praying for you tomorrow. What a wonderful day it will be to finally see her!!!

Search & Win