Monday, August 18, 2008

12 Days with Baby Laurel!

I can't believe that Laurel is 12 days old! In some ways it feels like we have known her forever and in other ways the time has gone very quickly. We are just enjoying and loving her more and more every day! Every day I think we are learning more about her little personality and how to best take care of her. God has overwhelmed Will and I with grace and even in the times that have seemed hard we have been so aware of his kindness and presence with us. What an adventure! We are just loving our little girl so much and are so grateful that she is ours! I could say a lot more, but I know that what everyone really wants is pictures, so here they are!


Baby Laurel less than 2 days old! She loved her thumb in the hospital, but since coming home has mostly given up on it. I'm glad we got some pictures so that we won't forget!

Her favorite place to sleep is being held by her family, but she also likes to be in the corner of a couch or chair. Now if we could convince her to like her crib at night!!!
Sweet baby Laurel! She stays wide awake for about 30 minutes after she eats. This is some of our favorite times with her...she just looks around at everyone and takes in the world :-)




Laurel adores her Daddy! Will has been really wonderful as a Dad, just like I knew that he would! He loves baby Laurel so much and has been so unselfish in the way that he has cared for me and Laurel over the past couple weeks. I couldn't love him more!!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Meg,

These pictures are wonderful! Sweet, sweet baby Laurel.

Love you,
Mare

Laura Sue said...

Meg, If Laurel doesn't like the crib, it may because she's not ready to spread out yet. Both my sisters had all 9 of their newborns sleep in their car seats for a while. They're used to being in tight quarters. It takes them a while to get used to space. Give it a try. Much love!

Allyson said...

She's precious, Meg! We can't wait to meet her on Wednesday!!

Elizabeth said...

Dear Laurel,

Are you ready for our Chickfila date? Have your mom call my mom!

Love,
Braden

Anne said...

I miss her!!!!!!!

Kim said...

She is such a cutie, Meg! It is fun to read about how much you guys love and feel blessed by your little girl...

Melanie said...

Or try swaddling! London still enjoys her swaddle at 11 months old.

Campbell said...

We miss you all and love you! She's beautiful and that one with will is precious!

loves, Em

hi laurel! this is eva! i can't wait to meet you someday! i'll probably have trouble saying your name... and mine for that matter.. but i'll try! maybe lulu? : ) love you, hug- Evangeline

Anonymous said...

Aww, I love the pic of her sleeping with her sweet rosebud lips!

I don't think I'd like a cold, hard crib either after spending 9 months in warm, soft place where I could hear mama's heartbeat all night! Poor babes, it must be such a hard transition for them to enter our world.

Anne said...

I would like more days with Baby Laurel!

Search & Win