Tuesday, April 15, 2008

24 weeks 4 days!

I am very pleased to announce the arrival of my pregnancy tummy!! Spring is not the only thing that has sprung :-) God is overwhelmingly kind and I have really been enjoying this season of pregnancy. Laurel has continued to grow in her activity and it is so fun for Will and I both to be able to feel her moving. I can't believe that it has been almost 6 months already(as a side note...does 6 months come at 25 or 26 weeks?)! Everyone told me it would go slow, but if this is slow, I don't know what fast would be like. For a recent date night, Will and I stuffed ourselves with chick-fil-a and then had a great time choosing all sorts of things for Laurel for her registry. It really makes me so excited to be getting so much closer and to begin doing actual projects connected with her arrival! I also had my first experience of "nesting." It all started when I decided to switch out all my too small clothes and winter clothes and pull out the spring/summer clothes that still might fit...within 30 minutes I had pulled tons of stuff out of both of our closets and had it spread all over the floor in trash piles, goodwill piles, back in the closet piles, and who knows what other piles! By the end I was very tired, but I just LOVE having clean closets and I am already planning and getting excited about my next projects! This is very rare for me, so I am trying to take advantage :-)

Here is a picture of Laurel's new-to-her travel crib! Cheri and I had a great time going to a massive children's consignment sale last week. There seems to be a whole consignment sale subculture and it was hilarious to be immersed in it for a couple hours. I am very pleased with my purchase, because it was in great shape and a pattern that I really like (and that they are still making I think, although not this particular pack-in-play style). I already have it all set up in Will's and my room awaiting Laurel's arrival!


By the way...when I was cleaning my closets I found my camera cord!! I should be able to post a lot more pictures now.

I am very grateful to the Lord (most of all) and also to Will for the way they have cared for me during this season. I have definitely been feeling many more emotional fluctuations than normal! I have been so encouraged through spending time with the Lord and knowing his care and faithfulness and greatness! He is completely worthy of ALL my trust and I am so excited about all that he is going to do in the upcoming months and years! Will has been so gentle and caring and wise in bearing with me and my undue emotions! I'm so grateful for him! I couldn't imagine a better husband or man!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Woo Hoo! A baby tummy! You look super cute:) Do you walk around stroking your tummy? I am going to:)
Love you sis!
Juno

Anonymous said...

you look adorable!

now i believe you that you're pregnant :o)

love you friend!
liz s.

Jeanie said...

So fun! Your looking so cute. Glad you learned about consignment sales- they are a lifesaver! And great for an inexpensive "shopping fix"!

I'll get those picts to you soon...

Anonymous said...

It is wonderful to hear your joy in this special season that God has placed you in!

Rebecca said...

Oh, what a cute little belly! Little being the operative word. :) You look great.

B. Emerson said...

Maytee! You're beautiful! :) And so is Laurel, I know. I just love reading your blog and miss you terribly! See you at Bethany T's wedding!

Anonymous said...

Meg,
I'm so glad you are enjoying your pregnancy. I'm very happy for you and Will. Please let Anne know that I am very excited for her and David, too.

Love,
Mimi

The Girberts said...

Congratulations on the belly! It is so fun once you start showing!! And, congrats on discovering consignment sales! Was it Duck Duck Goose? Love that sale and they really are a blessing!! Maybe I'll see you at some! I'm a consignment sale junkie!!

Campbell said...

hello doll, you look adorable! you're carrying her high. that means that you will be comfortable in your pants longer. : )

love you, can't wait to talk... Em

Lizzy said...

Maggie, dear, what a fun place you're in! I love the nesting story...our house has had an overhaul too! even steve is getting drawn in. smile. the whole month thing always confuses me too...apparently it depends on who you ask, but the what to expect book says that your sixth month is from 23-27 weeks, so i guess you're 6 months pregnant at 27 weeks, but IN your sixth month from 23 to 27...which is why i'm so confused. anyway....love you SO much and i look forward to seeing you again!

Search & Win