Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Gainesville Days

We have already had 2 sets of visitors in our little apartment! Walt and Kim Alexander were able to come and spend the night with us on their way to vacation. They were our first FL guests and we had a wonderful time together talking, laughing, and eating Belgian Waffles! It was a short trip, but we packed it with a lot of fun times. Our next visitors were Dad and Mom. We had such a wonderful time all together as always! Dad and Mom are so generous to us. Here are some pictures from their trip:

Laurel getting tickled by Pop! (yes, those are Laurel's pants on Dad's head...)
Laurel really loved Dad and Mom! As you can see, she finally has enough hair to clip a bow straight up...at 13 months :-)
Laurel LOVES reading books! She has recently started getting books and then coming over to sit in my lap and read them. I love it!
This past Saturday we had a wonderful family day at a beach near Tampa called Honeymoon Island. Will found it the night before we left and it was perfect! It is a state park, so it doesn't have any houses or businesses on it. Even on a busy weekend like labor day, you could look down the beach in either direction and see no one! We had such a wonderful time together. I am grateful to Will for wanting to make such special memories on his day off!
Here is Laurel learning birdwatching from her Dad. She loved all the birds.
Once you walked for about 1/2 mile past the parking area this was our view in either direction! It was so beautiful! I can't wait to go back.
We took a walk on the beach and Laurel fell asleep on Will and slept for a long time. Those are such special times and I'm glad Will got to experience it!
Here is Laurel talking to Grandfather on the phone. She has started holding the cell phone to her ear on her own. It is really cute!
Laurel and I before enjoying our picnic lunch (in the shade!).
This is for all the Vols fans...Laurel is remaining faithful to the home team!
We took a little after diner run to chick-fil-a for some ice cream...I think I might have enjoyed it even more than Laurel :-) I don't think it is supposed to work that way!
I recently made some bread that turned into a HUGE loaf. Here is a picture for comparison. I like how Laurel is fingering the cutting board.
Laurel had a really sleepy day recently where every time I turned around she was lying on the ground sucking her thumb. It was really cute! Here she is in the dining room by the trash can.
Here she is in the kitchen.
Laurel has become very fond of waving!
This is what Will has been doing! He wanted a picture of the ridiculous amount of books for his first semester.
The youngest LLM student!
Trepidation!
My wonderful Aunt Allie gave Laurel a lot of adorable clothes for her birthday. I promised to post pictures so she could see how cute Laurel looks, but both times I tried to put her in all the outfits something happened, so here is the first in a series....I will post the rest when I take the pictures.
That is what we have been up to the last few weeks! God has really blessed us in a lot of unexpected ways so far and we know he will continue to be faithful to us while we are here. But we sure are excited about coming home. May can't come soon enough!!!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I naturally assume that Laurel has pointed at pictures and cried when she is reminded of Uncle B. She also is probably constantly saying "Where is Uncle B?" That must be annoying!

This is from person who will remain anonymous.

Anonymous said...

She was crying for joy!

See your last post.

Anne said...

Thanks for new pictures! I loved them all! You look stunningly beautiful in the picture of you and Laurel at the beach:) My favorite picture is the one of the bread! Laurel looks hilarious fingering the cutting board...

Allyson said...

Hilarious pictures, Meg, especially your dad wearing Laurel's pants, the bread, and Laurel in the glasses! I can't believe how long her hair is getting!

Carolyn said...

She is so cute! (Do I say that every time?) I enjoy seeing pictures of you and your family. Wish I could see you "IRL" more often!

B. Emerson said...

Meg! The picture of Laurel on the phone, her polka-dot outfit and your incredible bread-baking skills all made me really smile! :) It's so fun to share in your life even from so far away! I love you lots!

Debbie H said...

Meg - Thanks so much for posting your updates and pictures! Helps us WV relatives to stay connected and see how Laurel is growing. I know Cheri and Bill miss you like crazy, but I hope that you and Will are truly enjoying this "FL Adventure"! Love you all, Aunt Debbie

Kim said...

Meg, we had such a fun time visiting with you all! Thanks for your hospitality. Looking at these pictures made me happy because I can picture you guys in your apt. I love the picture of Laurel's tiny hair bow! So adorable. :)

Melanie said...

WE MISS YOU GUYS!!!!

Love,
The Oldacres

Alison Sexton said...

It's so fun to see your pictures Meg! Laurel is adorable and that bread is hilarious! It looks like Laurel could be wrapped completely up in it. We miss seeing you here:)

Natalie said...

Hey Meg! We were engaged at Honeymoon Island! It is so neat to see you posted pictures of it. Small world. Hope you are doing well! Your little girl is a doll!

Natalie Renstrom

Search & Win