Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Our 7 Month Old

I can't even begin to express how much of a joy our little Laurel is to Will and I! She is bursting with personality, fun, and happiness. Each month continues to get better and better. By now Laurel is a fairly proficient eater and enjoys rice cereal, veggies, and fruits. I haven't really noticed a preference for any one food over another. She seems to like everything. She loves reaching out and pulling the spoon into her mouth, getting food ALL OVER her hands and then rubbing her hands all over her tray and face! At this point, I am still really enjoying all that, but I wouldn't be surprised if it got old after awhile :-) Laurel is "talking" a lot more these days, even saying her "first word", da-da. She says it all the time and it is very cute, but she isn't really referring to Will. We are trying to make the connection for her, but it hasn't happened yet! She whines da-da when she is sad, babbles it constantly when she is happy, and shrieks (I mean SHRIEKS!) it when she is excited. Her newest "trick" that I am really loving is holding out her hands to be picked up when she is sitting. I think it is just adorable!

Enjoy these pictures taken on her 7 month birthday last Friday!



The back of Laurel's head with her little sticking out ears and birthmark is one of my favorite things about her!


I think she looks a whole lot like Michael's baby pictures in this one.
What do you think Dad, Mom, Anne, and Mike?

I wanted to get a picture of Laurel's adorable face when she gets tickled and starts laughing really hard. I held my camera in one hand (big camera!) and tickled her with the other hand and hoped that she was in the frame. She was!



Mamma and Laurel :-) I love my girl!

I love how Laurel and Will are laughing in this one!
We are so enjoying the beautiful, Spring weather! Will and I played a board game in the back yard on Sunday and Laurel had a good time playing with toys and being outside!

6 comments:

Kim said...

Meg, your girl is getting so big! I love the second picture because you can really see her beautiful eyelashes! Great pictures!

Anonymous said...

Those are beautiful pictures! What a fun season.

B. Emerson said...

Meg, you are doing such a fantastic job as a mom and your pictures are gorgeous! Miss you! Happy 7th-month, Laurel!

The Nilsen Nest said...

Oh! I LOVE the first one the best! What a cutie pie!

Rebecca said...

Beautiful pictures of a beautiful little peanut! She's such a doll!

The Brown Family said...

She's sooooo beautiful!! I love the pictures of you too. I miss you Meg! Happy 7th month sweet Laurel!!

Search & Win