Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Pictures from the Weekend

As I already said, Will and I had such a wonderful time together in Chattanooga! How I love my William :-) Here is a photo-tour of our weekend:


This was Sunday night after we arrived. We ate at a Italian restaurant in the art district. It was an older, really cool building and we got to eat on the 2nd floor which was sort of fun and out of the ordinary. From this picture, my food looks really gross, but it was actually delicious! Here I am on Monday morning standing outside of our hotel. I felt pretty funny standing there with my hand held up in the air waiting for Will to take the picture (I looked like I was making an oath) but I think the end result really looks like I am waving which was the goal :-)
Here I am in the aquarium! As we were driving home, Will said that this was his favorite part of the trip because I didn't realize that there was a top on this display and I wacked my head on it!
Here are a ton of trout. Someday perhaps I will catch one like this!
Thanks to Melanie, we made it a goal to find Candyland. We took a break from the aquarium in the middle of the day and made our way to bulk candy heaven! I LOVE bulk candy and have yet to find a really good place to get it here in Knoxville. We sat on a bench, drinking lemonade, and eating candy and nachos. A great mid-afternoon snack.

My favorite part of the aquarium...the SHARK TANK!!! I took almost 10 pictures of the sharks, but in most of them the sharks are either turned away or the picture is of only a portion of the shark...my shark photography skills are somewhat lacking :-)


Here we are in front of the shark tank.


A sea turtle.



This was in the butterfly garden. It was so cool because there were butterflies flying around everywhere and they were pretty tame! I had a couple land on my dress. I think they liked the color. Leaving the aquarium.
We walked around downtown for a while and came upon this wonderful old/used bookstore! Will bought me a little book to remember our trip!

We had been looking for Clumpies Ice Cream the whole day and finally found it! It was across the river on the other side of Chattanooga. Totally worth the walk!

After we ate our ice cream we walked back to the hotel where our car was parked and drove home. I am so grateful to have a husband who loves me so much and is so generous with his time and money and affection! As I have already told him, I would far rather spend one day with Will in Chattanooga than a whole month anywhere else without him. How great to be married to your best friend!


8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sis, what a splendid trip! I love going to the aquarium, that looked like a good one: ) I love your adorable yellow dress!
Anne

Meg said...

Thank you! $20 from Target :-)

I saw Jeanie's pictures from your trip to Boone. That looks like SO much fun! You should all take a Knoxville trip sometime.

Love you!

Jeanie said...

Megs-

I miss you girly! It seems I am always out of town when you are in Charlotte. Thanks for keeping up with your blog. I love hearing of yours and Wills adventures together. Little get-a-ways together truly are the best!

Love you!
Jeanie

Anonymous said...

Meg,

I am so glad you found a little yellow dress to wear for Will. It is so cute.

The picture of the bulk candy reminded me of the time we went to Blowing Rock and I told you to get whatever candy you wanted and it came to about $15!!!! I was shocked but bought it anyway....fun memories!!!

Love you,
Mare

Anonymous said...

I see you found the gummy army men... I'm very impressed with your selection of gummies :)
It looks like you guys had a wonderful time! I'm so glad you got to take a getaway. I too love your yellow dress!

Melanie

Rebecca said...

Hi Meg! I got to your blog through Jeanie's...it's fun to see your updates! Sounds like you and Will are doing very well. So happy for you!

Allie said...

Hi, Miss Moo!
How are you?
I was so excited when your mom told me you had a blog. It is such fun seeing what you and Will are up to. The Love Cave looks lovely and I'm happy to see that granma's china closet fits in so well. I've never posted anything to a blog, so I hope this works.
Much love,
Aunt Allie

Debbie H said...

Meg -
Your special "Mom-in-Law" (who is also my special sister, Cheri) sent me your blog address today. I loved getting caught up on what's been happening with you & Will since I got to see you at Grandma & Grandad Stemple's 50th Anniversary celebration. I'll make sure that I set up your blog address on Grandma & Grandad's computer once their new one is installed. They'll enjoy it!
Love to all of you!

Search & Win